BA Pension Trustees Ltd.
£2.9M; DMA provided design & build and Principal Contractor; 40 week program to existing 15 floor, occupied building
- Electrical: Lighting & Power, HV/LV switchgear & distribution, data, BMS, re-Location of electrical infrastructure
- Mechanical: A/C, ventilation, drainage, plumbing, gas mains.
- Builders Works: construction & demolition, civils & fit-out
|DMA delivery partners:||Customers professional advisers:|
|CDM/design: Foreman Roberts||Foreman Roberts (design)|
|Construction design: GPM2 Design Ltd||Morrow & Lorraine|
|Structural Engineers: Knapp Hicks & Partners Ltd||Waterman Group|
|Civils & Construction: Fenrose Ltd||n/a|
|Builders Works: Merit Building Services Ltd||n/a|
|Project Manager: DMA||GVA Second London Wall|
|Quantity surveyor DMA||Gardiner Theobald|
Major supplier challenge:
At a critical stage during the active construction phase, the nominated Italian supplier of 2x HV transformers suffered business liquidity issues that threatened no-delivery as worst case or significant delivery delays as best case scenario.
The DMA team proactively engaged with our customer, their advisers and the affected supplier to find robust remedial solutions, including impact reduction by specifying and installing alternative temporary HV transformers that maintained the projects critical path and mitigated impact to existing occupiers.
- Swift proactive and remedial support
- Transparent and collaborative remedial dialogue with all stakeholders
- Remedial design and cost impact containment
- Direct engagement with the nominated supplier & swift sourcing of alternative temporary transformers
- No adverse impact to existing occupiers
- DMA’s in-house HV design capability via our technical services director