Maidstone Borough Council.
£400k; DMA provided design & build and Principal Contractor role; 20 week program to return the building to a usable condition existing 4 unoccupied buildings with some change of usage and upgrade.
Full surveys and Investigation with detailed reports on findings.
The change of usage areas presented Design challenges in the provision of new services within an older infrastructure and building shell.
Buildings included offices, storage / warehouse, new undercover car park and plant areas.
- Electrical: Partial de-commissioning and strip out, lighting and power reconfiguration and upgrade, LV switchgear & distribution remedial and upgrade, testing, commissioning and certification.
- Mechanical: Partial de-commissioning and strip out, A/C, ventilation, drainage, plumbing, gas mains and heating. Upgrade to some services, testing commissioning and certification.
- Builders Works: construction & demolition, civils & fit-out
|DMA delivery partners:||Customers professional advisers:|
|Construction design: n/a||Evans & Langford / Westmead Ltd|
|Civils & Construction: Fenrose Ltd|
|Builders Works: Fenrose Ltd|
|Project Manager: DMA||Evans & Langford|
|Quantity surveyor DMA||Evans & Langford / KCC|
The DMA team proactively engaged with our customer representative team to find robust, timely remedial solutions to the various inherent issues found with the ageing building services. Considerations given to availability, value for money and quality as part of the delivery solution.
- Ongoing installation and services remedial reports prior to remedial quotations
- On the job ‘Open Book’ costing with client input during progress
- Transparent and collaborative remedial dialogue with all stakeholders