Dover Ports – Dover Western Dock Regeneration (DWDR) Project.
Start of Project:
August 2015 – ongoing with various packages of works.
£145k; DMA provided design & build and Principal Contractor role; ongoing program of works as instructed.
The decommissioning and strip-out of various site services above and in-ground as part of the site enabling works.
Full surveys of all services and investigations with detailed reports and drawings on findings.
Subsequent installations for site services and provision
- Electrical: Full de-commissioning and strip out of all redundant services in preparation of construction works to the old Hoverport site at the Western Docks. CAT scanning surveys and detailed drawing production of all cables and services found, removed and left in operation. A ‘Handover Manual’ presented to the client for the Main Contractor safe site documentation. Design and provision of a Generator and back-up UPS system for critical navigation ads that were required to stay operational.
- Mechanical: Full de-commissioning and strip out of drainage, plumbing, gas mains, fuel tanks, hydraulic systems and cross site mechanical services. Surveys and detailed drawing production of all services found and removed.
- Builders Works: Demolition and civils works in connection with de-commissioning and strip out.
DMA delivery partners:
- CDM/design: DMA
- Construction design: n/a
- Civils & Construction: Fenrose Ltd
- Builders Works: Fenrose Ltd
- Project Manager: DMA
- Quantity surveyor DMA
The DMA team worked with our customer DWDR team representatives to prepare the site as required for construction. Considerations given to Environmental issues, Health & Safety, together with value for money and quality
- Ongoing close dialogue at all stages of the works with the on site engineering team.
- On the job costing with client QS input during all stages of works.
- Completion on time with a ‘Team Effort’ approach.