Creo Retail Marketing Limited.
Commenced January 2015 – Completion November 2015
£1.8M; DMA provided Construction, Electrical and Mechanical Design and Installation to a new extension of the existing factory building facility, including relocation of a HV sub-station / LV switch room.
Provision of a new LV switchboard and new field mounted distribution panels as the Principal Contractor, as well as being responsible for the construction elements as part of the full package.
The Building project saw development of new warehouse storage, a printing shop, a full suite of offices, an upgrade to the existing offices and circulation areas, plant room and a large car park.
The works were undertaken whilst maintaining the full operation of the existing building activities and phased occupation of the new facility.
- Electrical: LV electrical installations, fire alarms, control panels and wiring, cabling and cable jointing of existing services, lighting and small power, earthing, lightning protection, intruder alarms, internal and external car park lighting.
- Mechanical: Gas main and services, plumbing, above ground drainage, heating, ventilation and air conditioning
- Builders Works: DMA partnering company (DMA Principal Contractor)
|DMA delivery partners:||Customers professional advisers:|
|Construction design: GPM2 & Hawden Associates||Bedford Chartered Building Surveyors|
|Civils & Construction: Fenrose Ltd||Bedford Chartered Building Surveyors|
|Builders Works: Fenrose Ltd|
|Project Manager: DMA|
|Quantity surveyor DMA|
The DMA team had to re-locate a UKPN HV sub-station as part of the enabling works. This was located in the ‘Build Footprint’ so needed re-positioning.
- Works executed with DMA onsite Engineering Team.
- DMA Team’s understanding of working in this type of busy production facility meant no down time or lost production during the build.
- DMA Team’s understanding of UKPN HV process alleviated delays with communicating requirements.